There are a lot of things that every Indian should be proud of. Here comes our top ten list that every Indian should know and be proud of.
1. Sanskrit is considered as the mother of all higher languages. It is the most precise and therefore suitable language for computer software. (A report in Forbes magazine, July 1987).
2. India is the Largest democracy in the world, the 7th largest country in the world and one of the most ancient and living civilizations (at least 10, 000 years old).
3. India’s GDP has overtaken China’s in May 2015.
4. India has the maximum number of post offices in the world!
5. India never invaded any country in her last 10,000 years of history.
6. India is the second largest English speaking nation in the world.
7. World’s biggest family lives in India, a man with 39 wives and 94 children.
8. State Bank of India has the maximum number of branches in the world.
9. Algebra, Trigonometry and Calculus are originated in India.
10. Most number of movies made in India, over 1000 a year.
11. Until 1896 India was the only source of diamonds.
12. Indian national kabaddi team has won all the world cups.
13. India hosted the first ever university in the world which was, built in Takshila in 700 BC. During that time, the university hosted 10,500 students all studying more than 60 different subjects. Nalanda University as portrayed was, built in the 4-century. These were one of the greatest amazing achievements in education.
14. Also known as Grand Pitcher Festival, The Kumbh Mela festival is the biggest religious festival in the world. In the year 2013, the festival attracted 120 million people. This earns Kumbh Mela, the title of the largest peaceful gathering in the world ahead of Muslim pilgrimage to mecca. Top 10 Countries Offering Visa on Arrival for Indians
15. Board of Control for Cricket in India, or BCCI, is the apex governing body for cricket in India is the richest body in world cricket.